A member of The Federation of Family History Societies
St James' Church, Haslingden
St John's Church, Bacup
St Mary's, Church Rawtenstall
Cloughfold Methodist Church
Cloughfold Wesleyan Methodist Church
North Road, Cloughfold

On 9th July 1868 a small group of friends from Longholme Wesleyan Methodist held a meeting at 14 Dobbin Lane, Cloughfold. This was in effect a branch of Longholme and continued to grow in size until in 1872 when the cottage became to small for the numbers attending and it was transferred to the assembly room of the Cawl-terrace Industrial Society until a new church could be built. The land on which the new church was built was given by Miss Kay the sister of Mr. John Robinson Kay, a mill owner and prominent Wesleyan from Bury. The corner stone for the church was laid on the 12th September 1874 by Mrs. Mary Hamer Hoyle daughter of John Robinson Kay and the first service was held on the 18th August 1875

Cloughfold Methodist War Memorial

Cloughfold Methodist War Memorial

IN LOVING MEMORY
OF THOSE WHO GAVE
THEIR LIVES IN THE
GREAT WAR 1914-1919

FREDBALL H.DUCKWORTH
HAROLD BEARD A. DUCKWORTH
N. SPENCER BEARD HAROLD HART
CLIFFORD C. CAMPBELL TOM JONES
J. W. DEARDEN JOHN J. MOSS
JOHN RIGBY FRED SPENCER
G. R. TANN   
Monument details - Imperial War Museum